Pages

Monday, May 6, 2013

My Summer in London

"All in all London was great, and I would really love to come back when I have a little more time. Four days just wasn't enough to fit in all things I would like to do, you know the things like hunting down Prince William and reuniting the Spice Girls..."

   Last July when I wrote those words in my post Let The Games Begin, I truly believed that I would one day return to London; however, I never thought I would be going back so soon. In a couple weeks I will once again be leaving my little southern town and making my way to Europe. This time around I will be studying at Regent's University and learning all there is to know about British Literature. Although a small part of me (okay okay a large part of me) wishes that I was returning to Spain, I am so thankful and excited to revisit England and see Scotland for the first time.
   I admit as much as I love to travel I almost did not go on this trip. Back in October when I first heard about it I was giddy with excitement and ready to go, but by November the trip no longer seemed plausible. I had just blown a good majority of my savings in Spain and in addition to a lack of
funds, I was feeling a lot of discouragement. In December I was offered scholarship money that would have helped aid in making the trip possible but me being the stubborn person that I am, still was not going. A few weeks later over Christmas break, I was given another opportunity to sign up for the trip (past the given deadline I might add) again I was set on not going. It's not that I didn't want to go because I did. (Believe me, I did!) It still just didn't seem possible and it felt irresponsible at the time. But after a long phone call with my mom I finally found the answer I was hoping for.
   I believe that God gave me the green light for this trip because He is preparing something BIG! I honestly don't have a clue to what it might be, but why else would He have granted me so many opportunities and paved the way for me to return to England. On this trip I know I am going to experience London more in depth than any poor college student on her own could, and I know that I am going to better my writing skills as I soak up British history and culture. I look forward to visiting Edinburgh and seeing where my great grand-father was born and possibly meeting another person who can correctly pronounce my last name on the first try (a rare occasion here in the States). But most of all I am looking forward to whatever this BIG thing is that God has in store, not just for me but for the whole group that is going.

Reminiscing:

Summer Olympics 2012
London Eye at night
I met Johnny Depp (well his doppelganger)

No comments:

Post a Comment