Pages

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Adventures to Come

  At the beginning of this trip I was greeted by eleven unfamiliar faces. Some of the girls I kind of knew from classes or sorority recruitment but others I had never even heard their names before. I honestly didn't really know any of them all that well, and I was afraid to come on the trip where everyone already had their friends. I felt like the new kid who had to prove herself worthy of being good enough to sit at the "popular" table at lunch. Fortunately for me, these girls aren't like the ones you see in movies, and they don't disregard you because you aren't in their sorority, or you don't wear pink on Wednesdays. Instead I was welcomed with open arms and I leave London with eleven new friends. (Love all of you)
  In addition to these wonderful girls, I am leaving with new memories, experiences, and knowledge. I learned so much throughout the past month and I am so thankful for the opportunity. But if I am being truly honest I am ready to get out of London. I would love to continue traveling but the big city life is not for me; I much prefer the relaxation of Sevilla or the friendliness of Edinburgh. There is also so much that awaits me back in the States that my trip to London just seems like a check mark off my list of adventures for the year. I find that I am eager to leave the city not because I am homesick or miserable here, but because there is so much more to do, so many great things to come. And I look forward to seeing what God is going to do with the next six months. I have been already blessed with so much that I can't possibly imagine what He has in store for me.

Some of my favorite moments on the trip:

We broke down and bought some "American" food

Photo-bombing pictures of celebrities (Robert Sean Leonard)


OMG! It's One Direction!!!

High Tea at the Ritz

Attempting to understand modern art at the Tate


Do the DV (inside jokes anyone?!)



I don't always understand British humor...

Just some of the tea the group bought

My beautiful friends, classmates, and teachers

No comments:

Post a Comment